As I was hinting in my last post, yesterday I completed my first batch of Solar Talismans, which is something that I wanted to do for the longest time.
During the short electional window (around 8 minutes), I was able to create 5 solar talismans, 3 in Bloodstone and 2 in Lapis Lazuli.
For this particular talismanic work I have chosen Bloodstone and Lapis Lazuli to serve as bodies for the Solar Spirit, given their documented solar virtues.
A talisman of the Sun made in blodstone, according to Cornelius Agrippa, “makes a man constant, renowned and famous, and also it conduceth to long life“.
Bloodstone is a green-red jasper gemstone with red specks similar to blood, that has an affinity with the Sun, and is said to be a powerful healing stone used for thousands of years for its healing properties (purification, detox, grounding negative energy etc.).
Lapis Lazuli is a blue gemstone with pirite inclusions. Due to these ”golden-like” pirite inclusions, it has an affinity with the Sun. It encourages self-awareness, allows self-expression and reveals inner truth, providing qualities of honesty, compassion and morality to the personality. Stimulates objectivity, clarity and encourages creativity. Lapis Lazuli assists to confront and speak one’s truth and inspires confidence.
Preparation for the Solar work
In preparation for this talismanic work, I abstained from eating meat for a number of days, and from having sex as well.
On the morning of the ritual I showered, I put on a proper attire, recited a prayer, and then proceeded to light a previously inscribed candle (sigils of the Sun), and the frankincense that would be used in suffumigating the talismans. For the purpose of consecration, I translated the Orphic Hymn to the Sun in Romanian, my native language, since I felt it was proper to do it this way.
The talismans were engraved with the sigils of the Sun on the front, and on the back (where there was enough room) with the name “MIHAIL” which is romanian for Michael, the Archangel that governs over the Sun in that particular celestial hierarchy.
The Astrological Election
I consider this particular Solar election to be very strong, for the following reasons:
- Sun is exalted in Aries (+4), diurnal, in its own fiery triplicity (+3), and angular (+) (Total ++7)
- Sun applies to a trine with benefic Jupiter (in its own domicile) within 1 degree orb (+)
- Sun separates from a square with Saturn. Even though Saturn is generally a malefic, here it is a functional benefic, since it is diurnal, angular, and in its own domicile. More so, the Tail of the Dragon decreases Saturn’s overall strength, thus enhancing its benefic virtues.(+)
- The Ruler of both the Moon and Part of Fortune, is angular and strong (Sun) (++)
- The Moon is fast, received by the Sun (trine), and actually occupies the 11th Mansion of the Moon (Azobra, the Mane of the Lion). (++)
- The Ascendant ruler, being Mars, is cadent in the 3rd sign, and succedent in the 2nd house. Not a great position for Mars, as the Ascendant ruler, but with him being a malefic, it may be quite appropriate. (+/-)
Tarot for talisman validation?
As of late, I’ve been using Tarot to gain insight on whether the talismanic work was effective or not. After I had finished this Solar work, I pulled out 3 cards to see what the Solar spirit thought of my work. I use Thoth Tarot, and this is the solar spread
As it turns out, the Solar Spirit was pleased with my work, and I am confident that the talismans are effective and strong. The middle card, which is the principal significator in this spread, is a trump card, The Chariot, and I took it to mean that the talismans are now vehicles (chariots) of the Solar virtue.
All in all, I think this is a great election, and from what I’ve seen in the years to come, future Exalted Solar talismans will lack Jupiter’s support for a couple of years, when Jupiter gets to its nocturnal domicile in Pisces, where Jupiter though is still somewhat weaker as compared to Sagittarius.
I am very happy and fortunate that I was able to create these Exalted Solar talismans at this time. The first 2 bloodstone talismans I will keep for myself and my wife. The other 3 I will probably put up for sale once the consecration period ends (another 5 days from the time of writing this article).