This Astrology reading focuses on the 1st House of your natal zodiac, also known as the Ascendant. The Ascendant is the most powerful symbol in Astrology and it reveals quite a lot about our lives and destiny in general.
In the ancient doctrine of Hellenistic Astrology, it is the Ascendant, and not the Sun Sign (the Zodiac Sign we would normally designate as “our sign”) that has precedence above all other planets in revealing our chosen path in life.
One metaphor that I frequently use to describe its significance is the nautical metaphor. Imagine that in the moment of your birth a ship is lauched in the ocean to an a aproximate destination, let’s say North-West. This Ship represents your life sailing in the universal ocean towards an as yet uncertain destination.
The ship has a Crew and a Captain, but it also has a Helm and a Helmsman in charge of the helm, and he is the one that sets the general direction of the Ship, according to the Captain’s indications.
In an Astrological chart, the Helm is the Ascendant, and the Helmsman is the Planet ruling the sign that occupies the Ascendant.
The purpose of this focused reading is to assess the Ascendant and the condition of its Ruler, by way of which we can catch a glimpse of the initial destination that was set when we first embarked on this miraculous journey called Life.
The Ascendant was important for the Astrologers of old for another reason: it was the point in space through which the Soul was believed to enter the physical body at birth.
Imagine yourself looking due east, on the horizon, early in the morning before sunrise. The point on the horizon where the Sun actually rises marks the Sign that is the Ascendant of that hour. In a similar fashion one can calculate the Ascendant (always due East) at any give time of the day. The important thing is that the Ascendant also marks a point in space (by extending a line from where you stand, to the Ascendant on the horizon and then farther into space. Through this ‘line’ or ‘channel’ it was believed that Souls entered bodies at birth, and that Souls came from the Stars.
More specifically we can calculate what Star last rose heliacally (became last vizible just before the sunrise of your birthday). This Star can also give hints for the Destiny that your Soul has chosen before birth.
** WHAT I NEED FROM YOU **
– Date of Birth
– Time of Birth (as precise as possible)
– Place of Birth
** GENERAL PREMISES AND ASSUMPTIONS **
The Astrology Readings that I offer are based on the following premises:
1. The Stars DO NOT influence our destinies. They act as a subtitle to Life, unfolding before our very eyes in the night sky. In other words, responsibility for our actions and results rests entirely on our shoulders.
2. There is NO PREDETERMINATION of our actions. We DO HAVE FREEL WILL. That being said, the vast majority of our present and future actions and decisions are largely based on previous decisions and thought patterns (habits and unconscioua tendencies). True FREE WILL is achieved only through hard work and knowledge of the SELF.
3. Our Souls chose these particular lives before our birth, for a particular reason/purpose. They do not necessarily choose a specific Destiny, but more probably a Life, or a Way of Life.
4. The Purpose of Life is to become Conscious, through knowledge and awareness of the Self.
5. The Natal Chart does not show the ‘Final Destination’, but only an initial general direction, a range of possibilities, out of an infinity of possibilities, and more specifically a ‘Way of Life’ (as a whole).
6. True predictability of the future and Destiny is not possible (if we allow for Free Will). That being said, a large part of our actions is predictable due to the fact that we don’t exercise Free Will, but rather continue to act and choose in the same manner as we were educated/taught to choose. In this sense, there would appear a Destiny, but only Consciousness and Free Will are not developed to the extent that we can free ourselves from the prison of habit and conformity.
** CODE OF ETHICS **
RESPONSIBILITY TO CLIENT:
All horoscopes must be calculated using standard methods of procedure based on accurate data. It is critical to have a recorded time, date, and place of birth that is as precise as possible. If a rectified time or an alternative method is used, this should be stated and its limitations, if any, described.
Astrologers must use reasonably verified and credible astrological knowledge in their interpretation and test their competence through regular practice.
Astrologers respect the dignity of the client regardless of any personal belief, political affiliation, or bias the astrologer or client may have. In the event that they feel conflicted with their client’s beliefs in a way that would undermine their neutrality during a consultation, they must acknowledge that and suggest alternative options to the client.
Confidentiality regarding the exchange between the client and the astrologer must be maintained. There will be no use of client charts for lectures, articles, or in sharing a database with other astrologers unless prior permission has been obtained in writing and/or names have been eliminated.
Astrologers must take full responsibility for the information they impart, and acknowledge the autonomy the client has over their life decision and processes. Every client needs to be treated in a thoughtful manner. This includes refraining from making statements that are rigidly deterministic, such as predicting someone will never marry, never have children, or die at a specific time.
Clients must not be misled in any way, including emotional, sexual or financial exploitation and harassment.
If modalities and disciplines other than astrology are used in an astrology consultation, then it must be mentioned and agreed upon prior to the meeting.
RESPONSIBILITY TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC:
All astrological work is expected to be performed with the highest standard of integrity and personal competence.
Astrologers are expected to practice good citizenship, and not use their skills to take advantage of others or work against the common good.
Astrologers should not mislead by making unfounded promises, or exaggerated claims.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER (Fine Print Required) You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this reading, All Readings are for Entertainment Purposes Only. Information provided by the reader is not to be substituted for professional, legal and or medical advice. No Guarantees are offered and all sales are final.